Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Agatha Christie

I have read only two Agatha Christie's books, and was pleasantly surprised. Here's my take on both:

Great book, great mystery, great execution. I love it when they keep me guessing right until the end. There were a few things that bothered me slightly, but so minimal that I will not get into them. I loved the characters, and the plot; although it certainly is outdated, it's so well written that it doesn't matter. I could see a Hollywood adaptation. It's full of twists and turns, mystery, intrigue, suspense. I highly recommend it.
This was my first Agatha Christie book and it did not disappoint. 4 1/2 stars

Very, very good. This Poirot character is wonderfully irritating and funny. Also, although you may think you know who did it, keep on reading until the end because I found it to be surprising. Not what I expected. I love to be surprised, I love an unpredictable mystery, and The Mysterious Affair delivered. Not 5 stars because there were a few boring parts, but the rest made up for it. Nicely written and narrated, Mrs. Christie was very ingenious. A very smart mystery. 4/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment